5 Tips for Throwing a Stress-Free Holiday Party
During the holiday season, it is so important to slow down and take the opportunity to spend time celebrating with our family and friends! But many of us miss the chance because we are intimidated by the thought of hosting a holiday party, so we have put together our best tips to easily host a holiday party that will be talked about for years to come!
1. Set your guest list. Do you want to have families with kids, just the girls for some fun cocktails or a party for couples?2. Pick a theme and keep it simple!
- For families and kids choose one simple activity like cookie decorating, gingerbread house decorating or making an ornament. Keep it simple without too many steps to help keep set up and clean up easy and low key!
- For your girlfriends host a cookie or appetizer recipe exchange, a PJ party to watch some cheesy Holiday romance movies, or a favorite things party!
- For couples pick an easy to pull off theme like ugly Christmas sweaters, Holiday trivia or Christmas Carol-oke!
3. Use what you have! There is no need to feel to go above and beyond your regular Holiday decorations, your tree, stockings, or all of the cards you have received displayed will be more than enough to create an inviting space for your guests!
4. Don’t stress over gifts or favors. You are giving your guests a few hours of fun and relaxation, but if you would like to give something to your guests keep it simple and remember it is the thought behind the gift and not the gift itself.
5. Offer up your leftovers! There are so many food-centered events this time of year so be prepared to have to-go containers to send things home with your guests.